Yaremche: what to see in the center of the Carpathians?
Yaremche is one of the most popular resorts in the Carpathians, which we advise you to choose to enjoy a real vacation in the mountains.
What to see:
- Dovbush trail. This circular route starts in the tract “Drybka”, between the rocks rises to the ridge Gorgan Zaprutsky and to the top of Makovytsia (984 m) from which offers a breathtaking view of the districts. Along the way you can see sculptures of local leaders of the uprisings, Mount Dovbushanka and, in fact, the stone of Dovbush. The whole trip will take about 3 hours.
- Probiy waterfall. The height of the waterfall is only 5 meters, but its power is really impressive. We advise you to look here before visiting its more famous relative – Hook Falls. The beautiful Probiy waterfall can be seen from the twelve-meter bridge.
- Hook waterfall.Not far from Yaremche on the river Zhenets is one of the most famous waterfalls in Ukraine. Compared to other Carpathian waterfalls, Hook is very young. This waterfall can be found beautiful and full of water in almost any season.
- Bridge across the Prut. Its length is 65 meters and, at the time of construction, it was the only building of this type in Europe.
- Carpathian Museum of Local Lore.
Yaremche is located in a hollow between the Gorgany and Yavirnyk ridges and it is from here that many tourist routes start, the most popular of which are:
- Dovbush Trail (3 hours)
- On Mount Makovytsia (4-5 hours)
- On the Turshuguvata mountain meadow (5hours)
- Kamyanka trail (2,5hours)
- On the ridge and meadow of Montenegro
In souvenir markets you can buy products made of canvas, leather, wood and clay.